Saturday 25 October 2014

We Need Phenom Back!

Finally started uni! After multiple trips back and forth, hours of course work, painless exams and no sleep I made it! 

Anyways I have been sitting on this issue for a while and thought I could let it slide, but yesterday was the last straw, it's time to speak up.

So a couple weeks ago Phenom released the video for Amen take a look..


I personally hate the video. Okay hate is a strong word I strongly dislike this video. Aside from the average video (Clarence Peters has shot better), Phenom himself is starting to anger my soul. It's almost like he's transformed into this deadbeat artist. Before the video even dropped, from the time when the audio was release I was like "what the hell is this?" I got a few minutes in and had to turn it off. It was like he didn't put any effort into it and it was just a bunch of line strung together to make a freestyle. 

The original featured LAX...


Compare and contrast the two and I'm sure you'll agree with me that the original is better. My issue with Phenom is I have so much love for him and absolutely love what he does so to go from creating such a sick EP to this, it's frustrating. Phenom is a brilliant rapper and has bundles of potential, but I do understand that it takes time to perfect ones craft..I just hope he sticks to what he does best because he has touched many hearts and inspired so many people that this definitely needs to stop and he needs to go back, regroup and come back with those sick flows we know and love him for. 

If this was an experiment to see what you're good at or to try something different, ogbeni consider the experiment done. It hasn't worked so please, please, please go back to normal.



Signed,
The Disappointed Fan 
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment