Wednesday 30 July 2014

#Beauty, Banged

So last Tuesday (22nd July) was one of the best days of my life! Why? Well, the year long preparation for WhatIsBeauty finally came to light and to say I was overwhelmed is an understatement! The event took place at Gillette Square with an array of activities taking place, including soft play for the young one, Dollis Dolls Nail bar, art therapy and a wonderful session by The School of Hip Hop teaching us how to write our own rap then proceeding to perform it. The talent was immense in that aspect I can't lie!

The whole point of the exhibition was to create awareness of mental health and how the government needs to do more to support people with mental health. In effort to show this we had a group of young creatives including myself express what beauty meant to them through some form of creative medium. Believe it or not, one of my poems, "I Hate Music" was chosen to be exhibited (now you understand why I was so excited!).

 To begin with we weren't sure how to express the poem as we thought just having it on a piece of paper hung on a wall  wouldn't really express the true meaning and feeling behind the poem.


We decided on doing a video and well... See for yourself





No comments:

Post a Comment