Saturday 4 January 2014

2013's top tunes

Okay so I was meant to this post a while ago, but ah well I'm doing it now... My tunes of 2013 are as follows:

1. Banky W ft Sarkodie - Pon di ting




I don't always agree with Africans trying to branch into the Caribbean flow, but I have to say that Banky and Sarkodie do it well and this song was on mad repeat and I even managed a tweet from Banky himself:



2. Guru - Alkaiya 




This one tune has become a small craze and although it may not be as big as the Azonto it still has made small affect on our generation. 

3. Olamide - Turn up 




Badddooooo did a madness last year dropping mad tunes and a mad album (BaddestGuyEverLiveth) and you can't say you don't like this tunee like are you a learner???

4. Burna Boy - Yawa Dey 




7, 8 , 9, 10 Burna here for the girldemm!! He's another guy that had a good year last year and he grasps the Caribbean flavour without over doing it 

5. Fuse ODG - Antenna 




Okay so I don't think this song came out last year, but when I mean this song was played everywhere last year I just don't understand like it just started to annoy me at one point 

6. Showa Shins, Starboy willz & Mista Silva -Ogede 

 

My dislike to this song is real, like the stupidity of this song just annoys me. Like ogede became a big word last year and it basically refers to a man's downstairs, but being Yoruba I just found it stupid to be honest. You made a song over the hype of one word..nope 

7. #NSG - Whine & Kotch ( Afrobeats remix)


Unfortunately blogger won't let me embed the video, but this video seemed to get mixed reviews, but for me I don't really mind the tune too much, the first three are the best in my opinion, the rest is just jazz 

8. Davido - Skelewu 




Oiii Skelewu definitely did well last year even though to me, both videos were just as bad, but still a good tune 



9. Wande Coal - Rotate  



Okay so last year Wande Coal left Mavin, but for me this was the best things he could have done because this tune and Amorawa are such good songs and make sure you check out Amorawa it's such a good song 

10. Dammy Krane ft Pasuma - Ligali  



So I love this tune because the old Fuji man like Pasuma linked up with my boo Dammy Krane and made this mad tunee Dammy Krane for the girls!! 

11. Timaya - Ukwu 



Ayeee you see this tune? Not even gonna say nothing it speaks for itself 

12. Lax ft Wizkid - Caro 



Caro your body necessary, Caro your body carry real story... I'm looking for Caro let me be honest when I first heard this tune I wasn't really feeling it,but a few replays and I was sold 

13. Phenom ft Yung LOS - Nobody Tighter 
 

So it's not always about wiggling your bum sometimes just listening to someone lyrically destroy a tune is entertaining and this tune does just that!

14. Lola Rae Watch My Ting Go 



So don't thing the Male control the Afrobeats scene gotta give credit to the females and Lola Rae blew with this tune!

 15. Niyola - Toh Bad   



This is another woman that had a good year and I just absolutely love this song 

16. Splash ft Tipsy - Fi mi le 



So these are the female rappers of the game and someone needs to teach me igbo or whatever splash is speaking because she just sounds to sick 

17 Remunisce ft Wizkid - Eleniyan 




Myyyyy guy reminisceee, just listen to the track my hands are too tired 

18. Blackmagic - Repete   



I knew nothing about this tune till my sister brought it me and I was fully impressed 

19. DRB - Mrs officer  



I loveeeeeee these guys like forever listening to their mixtapes and Boj's voice Mmmhmmmm 


20. Sneakbo ft L Marshall - Her name 
 
I'll be real, not the biggest fan, but it's alright 

21. Kcee ft Wizkid - Pullover 



Back, baby your pullover, reverse, baby your pullover 

22. Flavour - Shake 
 
Thiss guy chai chaiii 

23. Don Jazzy ft Tiwa Savage - Eminado


Mama Tiwa and Uncle Jazzy 

 24. Wizkid- On top your matter



25. Ice Prince ft French Montana - I swear 
 
Just listen...

Well my hands ache and I'm tired 

So Goodnight.





No comments:

Post a Comment